This edition of the show features Adam Boileau and Patrick Gray discussing the week’s security news:
- Cozy Bear is back, Fancy Bear has new tooling
- Russian government wants DNC lawsuit thrown out
- Cyber Command submitting samples to VirusTotal
- Google BGP shenanigans
- Australian/China Telecom BGP shenanigans
- All the recent Facebook drama
- More speculative execution bugs
- Julian Assange likely to be charged
- Vault7 leaker facing new charges
- Phineas Fisher investigation abandoned
- Bitcoin/Tether link probed by DoJ, btc in free-fall
- MUCH MOAR
This week’s show is brought to you by Proofpoint.
Sherrod DeGrippo, Proofpoint’s director of threat research and detection is this week’s sponsor guest. Surprisingly, she tells us that ransomware via email is a dead duck.