Risky Business #518 -- "Russian Cambridge Analytica" booted off Facebook after token hackCoincidence? Maybe. Probably not tho... :/
This edition of the show features Adam Boileau and Patrick Gray discussing the week’s security news:
- More info on the Facebook token hack
- Facebook boots “Russian Cambridge Analytica” off platform
- Chinese MSS officer extradited to USA after being lured to Belgium
- NotPetya linked to Sandworm crew
- Czech intelligence services kill Hezbollah APT
- Pentagon travel records pwnt
- No, Khashoggi’s Apple Watch didn’t record his death
- Apple takes aim at Australia’s AA Bill
- US voter records for sale in hack forums
- PHP 5 support ends soon, netpocalypse to commence shortly afterward
- The world’s most hilarious libssh bug
- PLUS MOAR
This week’s show is sponsored by Senrio.
Senrio is best known for doing IoT identification, classification, visualisation and anomaly detection, but they’ve now applied the same approach to general IT. Stephen will be along later in the show to talk about what they’ve been able to engineer here. I’ve actually been working with them on this (in a limited capacity) for a few months and it’s very interesting stuff.
So yeah he’s talking about a feature release, then he’ll be releasing some open source tooling that mine your network metadata and spot interactive shells in your environment, which is handy, and then he’s going to preview some free training he’s doing with some other very well respected security people in New York soon.
Links to everything that we discussed are below, including the discussions that were edited out. (That’s why there are extras.) You can follow Patrick or Adam on Twitter if that’s your thing.