On this week’s show Patrick and Adam discuss the week’s security news, including:
- Ransomware shutters US natural gas plants
- Huawei hit with huge indictment
- Voatz mobile voting app shredded by MIT, dust-up ensues
- The latest from the Vault7 trial
- Reality Winner seeking clemency
- Ring to force all users on to 2FA
- Israeli court rules Facebook must reinstate NSO staff profiles
- USG drops more North Korean samples
- OpenSSH gets Fido/U2F support
This week’s sponsor interview is with Dave Cottingham from Airlock Digital.
They make whitelisting software that’s actually useable. And until I did this interview I didn’t know that their agent actually does host hardening as well, which is pretty cool. Since we last spoke they’ve also popped up in CrowdStrike’s app store thingy, which means a bunch of you Crowdstrike customers will be able to dabble in some whitelisting if you want to.
Dave joins the show to talk about a bunch of stuff, including their experience having Silvio Cesare do a code audit on their agent.