On this week’s show Patrick Gray and Mark Piper discuss all the week’s security news, including:
- NSO Group malware turning up in some unexpected places
- Bluekeep mass exploitation finally begins
- Owning smart home devices with friggin’ lasers
- Two plead guilty to hacks on Lynda.com, Uber
- Imperva CEO departs following breach
- TLS Delegated Credentials sound like A VERY GOOD IDEA
- Cybercommand heads to Montenegro
- Much, much more
This week’s show is brought to you by Thinkst Canary. Haroon Meer and Adrian Sanabria from Thinkst recently did a keynote talk at the Virus Bulletin conference in London. Titled “The Security Products We Deserve,” it’s a stinging critique of the security product lifecycle. VC firms keeping stupid ideas alive, analyst firms being parasites, vendors not doing security testing on their equipment and so much more. We’ll be talking to Haroon Meer about that keynote in this week’s sponsor interview, which will run after this week’s news segment.
Links to everything are below.