This edition of the show features Adam Boileau and Patrick Gray discussing the week’s security news:
- Citizen Lab drops NSO Group report
- “Weaponised Stuxnet” claims are idiotic
- Another State Department email breach! Drink!
- Dutch foil planned attack against Swiss Novichok lab
- Mirai botnet authors working for FBI
- US telcos want to be consumer auth brokers
- US fails to extradite “Mr Bitcoin”
- Much, much more
This week’s show is brought to you by Remediant. They make a just-in-time access solution for privileged account management (PAM), and we’re doing something a little different in this week’s sponsor interview.
Paul Lanzi of Remediant will be along, but so will Harry Perper of MITRE corporation. Harry’s pay-cheques say MITRE, but he’s been working on a NIST project. The National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (NCCoE) at NIST has been working on a project to provide guidance on the secure usage and management of privileged accounts. The so-called 1800-18 document is a practical guide and reference architecture for privileged account management and we’ll talk to both Harry and Paul about that after the news.