On this week’s show we’ll be chatting with Kelly Shortridge, formerly a detection manager at BAE, all about her Black Hat talk. It’s all about why most of what you hear about applying game theory to detection strategies is total bullshit.
This week’s show is brought to you by Signal Sciences!
Signal Sciences makes a killer product focussed on web application and web server security. It’s really popular with the dev ops crowd, which is interesting, because most security products in devops focus on the dev, whereas Signal Sciences focusses more on the ops component.
This week we speak to Signal Sciences co-founder Zane Lackey about this burgeoning market for security tooling geared towards non-security people. It’s actually a really interesting conversation. Non security groups at large organisations are having to become security self sufficient and it really is a game changer. More on that with Zane Lackey in this week’s sponsor interview.
Adam Boileau is this week’s news guest.
See links to show notes below, and follow Patrick or Adam on Twitter if that’s your thing!
- WannaCry Researcher Indicted for Allegedly Creating Banking Malware - Motherboard
- Marcus Hutchins' Only Certainty is Uncertainty | Threatpost | The first stop for security news
- Hackers Behind WannaCry Cashed Out Bitcoin While No One Was Watching - Motherboard
- So, about this Googler’s manifesto. – Yonatan Zunger – Medium
- Internal Messages Show Some Google Employees Supported James Damore’s Manifesto | WIRED
- Election Officials Still Haven’t Got Clearance to View Russian Hacking Info - Motherboard
- Attackers Use Typo-Squatting To Steal npm Credentials | Threatpost | The first stop for security news
- After phishing attacks, Chrome extensions push adware to millions | Ars Technica
- The FBI Booby-Trapped a Video to Catch a Suspected Tor Sextortionist - Motherboard
- Cisco deletes Meraki customer data in config bungle - Networking - iTnews
- Cisco Fixes DoS, Authentication Bypass Vulnerabilities, OSPF Bug | Threatpost | The first stop for security news
- What happens when someone steals your domain? - MiVote
- We Anonymously Controlled a Dildo Through the Tor Network - Motherboard
- O'Reilly Security Conference, October 29 - November 1, 2017, New York, NY
- A Next-Gen Web Protection Platform - WAF And RASP | Signal Sciences