This week’s feature interview is with Facebook CSO and Black Hat 2017 keynote speaker Alex Stamos. We’ll be digging a little deeper on some of the points he hit on in his talk in Las Vegas this year. I’ve linked through to a video of his keynote in this week’s show notes (below), and I’d really recommend you watch it. It was just very, very good.
This week’s show is brought to you by Thinkst Canary. They’re best known for their little Canary honeypots, you put them on your network and they’ll alert you to all sorts of lateral movement. Thinkst’s Founder and chief brain Haroon Meer will be along later on to talk about cloud security.
He’ll be echoing some of the points made in our interview a few week’s back with Daniel Grzelak from Atlassian, as well as looking at how you can start to put together a somewhat coherent strategy for detecting when your cloud services get popped.
Adam Boileau is this week’s news guest.
See links to show notes below, and follow Patrick or Adam on Twitter if that’s your thing!
- Flash & The Future of Interactive Content | Adobe
- The Very Best Black Hat Hacks | WIRED
- Hackers Show Proofs of Concept to Beat Hardware-Based 2FA - Motherboard
- Same Chinese white hat group hacks into Tesla for second year - Xinhua | English.news.cn
- At DEF CON, I Watched Hackers Take Voting Machines Apart - Motherboard
- Salesforce vs. MEATPISTOL
- Kevin Beaumont on Twitter: "After Merck say they are having manufacturing issues from Petya, CDC say Merck Hepatitis vaccine not being distributed. https://t.co/N3KwAx6K2l"
- Europol Head Tells Us About its Dark Web Market Sting - Motherboard
- Alleged Dark Web Kingpin Doxed Himself With His Personal Hotmail Address - Motherboard
- The Dark Web Gun Trade May Be Bigger Than You Think - Motherboard
- Darknet administrator arrested over Munich massacre gun
- Legislation Proposed to Secure Connected IoT Devices | Threatpost | The first stop for security news
- 'Criminal mastermind' of $4bn bitcoin laundering scheme arrested | Technology | The Guardian
- Suspended Sentence for Mirai Botmaster Daniel Kaye — Krebs on Security
- Microsoft expands bug bounty program to cover any Windows flaw | Ars Technica
- Windows 10 will try to combat ransomware by locking up your data | Ars Technica
- Hackers' Own Tools Are Full of Vulnerabilities - Motherboard
- For 20 Years, This Man Has Survived Entirely by Hacking Online Games - Motherboard
- Facebook Security Boss: Empathy, Inclusion Must Come to Security | Threatpost | The first stop for security news
- Black Hat 2017 Keynote - Alex Stamos, Facebook... (Starts about 35 minutes in)
- Canary — know when it matters