On this week’s show Patrick Gray and Adam Boileau discuss the week’s security news. They cover:
- Why everyone should pay attention to some recent attacks on Okta customers
- Why third party comms apps are risky af
- Why are Russian espionage opps using Tor for C2?
- Surveillance firms abuse Fiji Telco Digicel’s SS7 access
- Much, much more!
This week’s show is brought to you by Gigamon. Mark Jow, Gigamon’s EMEA Technical Director is this week’s sponsor guest.
- Cross-Tenant Impersonation: Prevention and Detection | Okta Security
- BadBazaar espionage tool targets Android users via trojanized Signal and Telegram apps
- Ukraine says an energy facility disrupted a Fancy Bear intrusion
- Experts Fear Crooks are Cracking Keys Stolen in LastPass Breach – Krebs on Security
- Telstra-owned Pacific mobile network likely exploited by spies for hire - ABC News
- CISA, MITRE shore up operational tech networks with adversary emulation platform
- LogicMonitor customers hit by hackers, because of default passwords | TechCrunch
- Barracuda thought it drove 0-day hackers out of customers’ networks. It was wrong. | Ars Technica
- Why is .US Being Used to Phish So Many of Us? – Krebs on Security
- UK cyber agency announces Ollie Whitehouse as its first ever CTO
- Embattled consulting firm PwC swept up in global cyber breach of file service MOVEit by cybercrime group C10p
- Unmasking Trickbot, One of the World’s Top Cybercrime Gangs | WIRED