In this week’s show Patrick Gray and Adam Boileau recap all the infosec news of the last three weeks, including:
- Chinese woman arrested at Mar-a-Lago being very shady
- The ASUS supply chain attack
- Flame-related malware lived on longer than expected
- boostrap-sass Ruby gem backdoored
- Latest on Norsk Hydro and other victims of the same crew
- More trouble at Toyota
- Huawei spanked by UK oversight panel
- Exodus govvie malware affects Android and iOS
- Plus much, much more
This week’s sponsor interview is with Kumud Kalia, the Chief Information and Technology Officer of Cylance. They actually dropped a really interesting product announcement at RSA a few weeks back and Kumud will be along later on to tell us about that. The tl;dr it’s an agent that models endpoint behaviour so when someone - or something - else starts using that endpoint to do things that don’t fit the user profile, action can be taken.
It’s the type of tech concept that normally belongs in academic papers, not in actual products people can actually buy. That’s an interesting chat.