This edition of the show features Adam Boileau and Patrick Gray discussing the week’s security news:
- CYBERCOM doxing Russian operators. No, really.
- Arrest over Russian midterm info-op
- Bloomberg dumpster fire is now a tyre fire
- Equifax insider sentenced for insider trading
- Twitter releases bot dataset
- Saudi insider responsible for 2015 Twitter breach
- Trisis/Triton now linked to Russia
- Kaspersky doxes NSA op
- Risky Business cited by Senate Estimates, AA Bill faces possible delay
- Much, much more!
This week’s show is sponsored by Cylance, and this week’s sponsor interview is with Josh Lemos.
That’s an interesting chat – Cylance has succeeded in applying machine learning to classifying binaries, but what next? Where does it make sense to apply machine learning next, from their point of view? As you’ll hear, a binary classifier is one thing, but applying ML to something like endpoint detection and response or network traffic is actually a lot more complicated.