Adam Boileau has some out of town business to handle this week so he can’t join us in the news segment. But that’s ok, because industry legend Haroon Meer has very kindly agreed to fill in for him! We chat to Haroon shortly about all the latest NotPetya developments, we’ll also talk about the drama Kaspersky is experiencing right now, as well as dissecting the latest battle reports from the cryptowar! All the news is covered.
This week’s show is brought to you by ICEBRG!
ICEBRG’s co-founder, Will Peteroy, joins the show this week to chat a bit about what they’re up to. Will has an interesting background. He was the technical director of a government agency Red Team. That meant red team exercises against agencies, but he was also responsible for doing assessments on security products. He also put in a bunch of time at Microsoft where he was the endpoint for product security for Windows and Internet Explorer, which meant he was the recipient of oh-so-much-0day for around a year and a half. So yeah, Will knows what he’s doing, and he’s made a thing, and you’re going to hear about that thing after this week’s news.
- NATO: NotPetya Likely the Work of State Attackers | On the Wire
- TeleBots are back: supply-chain attacks against Ukraine
- Researchers Find BlackEnergy APT Links in ExPetr Code | Threatpost | The first stop for security news
- More Security Firms Confirm NotPetya Shoddy Code Is Making Recovery Impossible
- Ukrainian police seize software company's servers
- New Petya Distribution Vectors Bubbling to Surface | Threatpost | The first stop for security news
- Cyber attack: Ukrainian software company will face charges over security neglect, police suggest - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
- Family firm in Ukraine says it was not responsible for cyber attack | Reuters
- iTWire - Kaspersky Lab row: Russian minister warns of blowback
- Documents could link Russian cybersecurity firm Kaspersky to FSB spy agency - Chicago Tribune
- G20 summit: Malcolm Turnbull to urge Donald Trump to act against tech terrorists
- The Medicare machine: patient details of 'any Australian' for sale on darknet | Australia news | The Guardian
- The “keys to the cyber caliphate”: The daring U.S. raid to seize the ISIS personnel database - Salon.com
- Man Pleads Guilty to Stealing Bitcoin From Other Dark Web Criminals
- Hacker "Incursio" Gets Two Years in Prison for Hacking CIA, DHS, DOJ, and FBI
- This Dark Web Site Creates Robocalls to Steal People’s Credit Card PINs - Motherboard
- Average Bug Bounty Payments Growing | Threatpost | The first stop for security news
- HTTPS Certificate Revocation is broken, and it’s time for some new tools | Ars Technica
- Twitter / ?
- GitHub - SandboxEscaper/Edge-sandbox-escape
- ICEBRG | Streaming Network Forensics™ for Real-Time Threat Response