On this week’s show Patrick and Adam talk through all the week’s security news, including:
- NYTimes story on EternalBlue and Baltimore is bunk
- An RDP worm is feeling kind of inevitable
- Iran is still getting Shadowbrokersed
- Intercept has a great feature on SID Today dumps
- Australian Federal Police crack down on national security journalism
- Phantom Secure CEO gets nine years and loses $80m
- Silk Road 2.0 admin must be an amazing snitch
- Another Bitcoin tumbler bites the dust
- Much, much more
This week’s sponsor interview is with Marco Slaviero of Thinkst Canary.
Marco is joining us this week to talk about how he thinks web application-based deception techniques are kind of a waste of time right now. We talk about how deception approaches work best in privileged domains, then we talk about how security teams do better when they have a dedicated ops developer.