RB2: F-Secure Press Panel: The future of the digital economy
F-secure flew its chief research officer, Mikko Hypponen, out to Australia last week to meet the press. The company hosted an event -- the F-Secure Future of the Digital Economy Forum -- and invited a bunch of very interesting panellists to discuss the state of information security today. They asked Risky Business to moderate and record the session.
The panellists were:
- Mikko Hypponen, chief research officer, F-Secure
- Graham Ingram, managing director of AusCERT
- Neil Gaughan, national manager of the Australian Federal Police’s High Tech Crime Operations
- Nick Abrahams, national leader of Deacons’ technology, media & telecommunications group
- Michael Lonie, policy manager for the Australian Retailers Association
- Crispin Tristram, consumer online general manager for Singtel Optus
In the interests of disclosure, Risky Business was paid to moderate and record this event.
It was a genuinely interesting discussion, and we're podcasting the whole thing, more or less unedited. So here it is -- last Wednesday's F-Secure future of the digital economy forum, held at the ocean room at Sydney's overseas passenger terminal at Circular Quay West. Enjoy.
The hippies have entered the building...4 days 23 hours ago
Links, music, Boileau on telly. We've got it all this week!4 days 23 hours ago
Surveillance scandals and thought crimes. USA! USA!1 week 3 days ago
All your creepy surveillance news is here...1 week 3 days ago
Are we entering a post-Anonymous era?2 weeks 3 days ago
- Will thought crimes be far
1 week 3 days ago
- A fairly disturbing listen. I
2 weeks 3 days ago
- Wow, some special insight on
2 weeks 3 days ago
- Thanks to both of you for
2 weeks 4 days ago
- Hi Patrick!!
Thanks for your
3 weeks 14 hours ago
- I too enjoyed this story but
3 weeks 4 days ago
- Since you asked...
3 weeks 5 days ago
- Love the Das Efx tribute.
14 weeks 5 days ago
- LOL so no comment by Adobe's
16 weeks 5 hours ago
- Welcome back, great stuff as
18 weeks 3 days ago