Risky Business #208 -- Time for a cyber knife fight, says Diocyde

9 replies [Last post]
Patrick Gray
Patrick Gray's picture
I live here
BloggerNetcasterSite Owner

This week's feature interview is with anonymous infosec blogger Diocyde.

He has access to some fairly sensitive shit, so we can't tell you his name and we've had to disguise his voice.

Diocyde is best known as the author of theConan The Destroyer blog.

bagavond
bagavond's picture
Diocyde Show

Creepy voice, creepy interview...

Does fighting back give China a reason to stop attacking us? China benefits from the stolen intellectual property, what do they care if some of their cyber platoons get owned? That's just a drop in the bucket to them--they can adapt their techniques and continue attacking.
Wouldn't we have to have some way to actually hurt them? If we're not willing to attack them with bombs, what power do we have to actually stop them? Or is Diocyde just saying we should at least try to disrupt them?

Debt Reduction Plan--Bill China for the stolen intellectual property.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
great

Hi Patrick... awesome interview with diocyde

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
Bagavond

What we're planning to do is send in AT&T engineers to steal all their internetz cables. Physically retaliating to a cyber (**Vomit**) threat is just plain dumb. The only way to counteract this sort of thing is either to make everything publicly available so there is no need to steal it, or cripple the ability to steal it.

Personally I'd choose the first as it's just plainly cheaper and easier.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RSS Feed for Blog?

Any chance you could set up a RSS feed for your blog too? I listen to the podcast, but want to be able to get news at work too.

Patrick Gray
Patrick Gray's picture
I live here
We do have RSS feeds for the

We do have RSS feeds for the blog.

http://risky.biz/feeds

Down the bottom.. the "Newss and Opinion Feed"...

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
Thanks!

Appreciate the link.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
link please

Can you please post a link to the 'Graham medical write-up' you mentioned in the news? Thanks!

PS. Great show!

Patrick Gray
Patrick Gray's picture
I live here
http://www.crn.com.au/News/26
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
thanks

Thanks for the medical link, it is always good to have more sources to cite when speaking to management

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.